Monday, September 17, 2012

I have arrived... well sort of...

I think it is good that I am writing this letter now as opposed to some hours ago. If I had written a post upon arrival in Beijing it would have been focused around my not being able to sleep much in the middle seat, the sitting on the runway for two hours before take off (delay), missing my connection to Busan (or maybe it was cancelled because of the typhoon, I couldn't really get an answer to that one...) and finding out that there are no flights today, that I am leaving tomorrow.

But instead, I am writing after I received vouchers from United Airlines. After a stressful walk around the Airport talking to multiple information desks and following a random Chinese guy that said he was going to Crowne Plaza as well, I am now sitting in my paid-for room with a king-size bed on the 11th floor of tower 1. My room has American power outlets so I can charge my electronics, I have a big TV and my bathroom contains a shower AND a bath tub. It is 3:40 am my time and I am not in Korea, so it is not what I wanted and I am still not sure how tomorrow is going to go because I arrive in the middle of the day when Alyssa is teaching. But my initial freaking-out has subsided and I am going to go downstairs to find wifi and upload this post. Then I am going to check out what is available for dinner (which is also covered by a UA voucher) and probably use said bath and get to sleep. Will be waking up tomorrow around 5:30 Beijing time so I can get to the airport. Wish I had more to update on my being in Korea but unfortunately that will have to wait another day...

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment